YarnsOur luxury yarns include :-
- Cashmere/Angora/Lambswool blend
- Shetland and Merino Aran weight
- Local Hebridean
- Small quantities of hand-spun local yarns
- Handspun Baby Camel
- Baby Alpaca
All of our dyed yarns are dyed for us by Shilasdair Yarns in specially designed dyeing cabinets using locally collected or imported natural dyes.
PLEASE NOTE -
- Colours are for guidance only and we do not have all the shades in stock all of the time.
- Yarns titled 'wool and wool mixes' have colour codes which are generically applicable to all Aran, luxury mix DK and 4ply garments in the Garments and KnitKits pages.
- The only exception to this are the natural shades of the undyed Shetland yarns (mid brown/dark brown and three shades of grey) these are available ONLY in Aran weight yarns.
- Cream yarn is available in Aran/DK and 4Ply weights.
- The nature of natural dyes, depending on where and when they are collected, whether the dyestuff is used fresh or dried means that colours cannot be exactly replicated. Therefore when making a choice please identify a range of colours in a particular type of yarn and we will send you some samples from which you can make your final selection.
- Please ensure that you order enough for your project as we cannot guarantee to be able to match the shade at a later date.
You can order using our "Contact Us & Order" page and payment can be made via Paypal, or you can contact the shop with your card details.
Click on the images for their shade codes, which will open in a popup window.
|Beautiful naturally coloured Baby Alpaca in DK||St Kilda Laceweight: A blend of Soay, Boreray and Shetland wools in 2ply||Brown Hebridean: A local Waternish wool in Light Aran Weight|
|Aran - Dyed||100grm||150mtrs / 175yds||£8.15|
|Aran - Undyed||100grm||150mtrs / 175yds||£7.15|
|Luxury DK||100grm||300trs / 330yds||£11.80|
|Luxury 4ply||50grm||200mtrs / 220yds||£6.75|
|100grm||220mtrs / 240yds||£25.00|
|50grm||380mtrs / 416yds||£15.00|
Light Aran weight
(Imperial conversion: Please note that 100 gm is a little more than 3Żoz. Yarn gauges are given in both, prices in metric only.)
|Yarn||Needle Size Metric||Needle Size USA||No of Stitches||No of Rows|
|Aran, Shetland or Merino||4.5 or 5mm||7 or 8||18||24|
|Handspun Baby Camel||3.75mm||5||20||28|
|St Kilda Laceweight||2.5mm||5||42||50|
Postage charges will be in line with the current rates charged by the Royal Mail and will be notified at the time of purchase. Insurance extra if required.